Experience Himalaya Of India Tour“And then there is the most dangerous risk of all — the risk of spending your life not doing what you want on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later.” – Randy Komisar
YOUR EXPERIENCES AT A GLANCE
We will greet you in Delhi after which you will be transferred to the hotel. Delhi is the capital of India. The tour starts in the morning after breakfast as you proceed to Old Delhi. You will visit the Raj Ghat where father of Indian nation Mahatma Gandhi was cremated and then visit the museum, which was built to commemorate him. The private taxi takes you past the iconic Red Fort and Chandini Chowk, which is a very popular and a busy market in Old Delhi. Get down visiting the historical Jama Masjid, which is one of the largest mosques in India. You can take a rickshaw ride in Chandini Chowk, which is thrilling and unique experience. This entire area is overcrowded as it houses large number of shops. You can taste delicious street food, buy clothes, jewels and other items at cost effective rates. Chandini Chowk is indeed a shopper's paradise where you can walk in the small by lanes and do some interesting shopping.
In the afternoon, visit Qutub Minar, which is largest minaret in India and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It was built by Turk ruler Qutub-Ud-Din Aibak in 1912. Proceed to visit Humayuns tomb, which is another UNESCO world heritage site. In the evening stop at India Gate. This was built in memory of the Unknown Soldier. Surrounded by large gardens, the ambience of this area is spectacular. You will be driven past the Parliament House, President's House and other Government Secretarial Buildings. Visit the famous Lakshmi Narayan Temple, a temple which is dedicated to Lakshmi and Lord Narayana. Overnight stay is in Delhi.
Proceed to the airport in time for Leh flight. Arrive at Leh and transfer to the hotel. Leh is at an altitude of 3524 m, thus you will need this afternoon free for acclimatization. Overnight stay will be in Leh.
In the morning, visit the Leh Palace, mosque and the bazaar. Leh Palace or the Royal Palace is nine storeys high, built by King Sengge Namgyal. The mosque exhibits a brilliant fusion of Islamic and Tibetan architecture. In the afternoon visit Phyang & Spituk Monasteries. Spituk Monastery. Founded by Od-de in the 11th century with 100 monks, it has a giant statue of Kali. Overnight is in Leh.
Visit famous monasteries namely Shey, Thiksey and Hemis. Shey Monastery and the palace were built in 1655 AD. The monastery is famous for its giant gold gilded copper statue of a seated Buddha. You need permission to visit the monastery. Thikse Monastery is a 12 storeys complex and is one of the largest monasteries. It resembles the Potala Palace of Lhasa and houses many stupas, statues, wall paintings, etc. It also has a 15 m high statue of the future Buddha "Maitreya". Hemis Monastery was build by Senge Nampar Gyalvain and is popular for its vibrant festival which takes place in July. Overnight stay is in Leh.
Enjoy the visit in Leh and have a wonderful shopping experience in the bazaars of Leh or to visit other nearby monasteries. You can visit Shanti Stupa on a hilltop in Changspa, which is a white-domed structure and was built by the Japanese to promote World Peace. The War Museum exhibits the history related to the army operations in one of the most hostile terrain in the world. The Donkey Sanctuary is also open throughout the day. Overnight stay will be in a hotel in Leh.
Proceed from Leh to Kargil by road. Enroute, visit Alchi and Lamayuru monasteries. Overnight stay will be in Kargil.
In the morning you will be driven to Srinagar via Zozi Pass which is one of the highest passes in Kashmir. Srinagar is at a distance of 204 km from Leh. Srinagar is on the banks of the Jhelum River and is known for its scenic lakes, well maintained gardens, carpets, shawls, traditional handicrafts etc. Also called the Venice of the East, it has nine bridges connecting the two parts of the city. Overnight stay is in Srinagar.
In the morning, you will be taken around the Dal lake in a shikara (boat). Rest of the day is at leisure. Or, you could take an optional tour to Pahalgam which is a popular, world famous tourist destination at an altitude of 7200 ft. and Chandanwari, located 16 km from Pahalgam. Overnight is in Srinagar.
Proceed in the morning for Gulmarg where you enjoy the Gandola ride and other places of attraction and will return back to Srinagar in the evening. The distance between the two places is 98 km. Gulmarg meaning the "Meadow of Flowers" and offers golfing, trekking, fishing, water skiing, horse riding and mountain biking and skiing in winters. Overnight is in the city of Srinagar.
Today, proceed to the Srinagar airport in time for your Delhi flight. On your arrival in Delhi, you will be transferred to your hotel.
You will be transferred to the airport on time for your return/onward flight. Take home some wonderful memories, which you can cherish all your life.
- Everyday complimentary breakfast with hotel stay.
- Guide with good communication skills in English during sightseeing will be provided.
- Pick and drop from the airport & sightseeing according to the itinerary by Air – Conditioned Indigo/ Swift Dzire for 02 Guests and Toyota Innova/ Maruti Ertiga for 04-06 Guests/ All these vehicles have ALL INDIA TOURIST PERMIT.
- The entrance fees, taxes, airfare, Rates of the Hotel and Transportation rates etc are as in now and any price hikes in the future will be charged extra.
- The rates mentioned above are applicable from 1st Oct’2018 to 31st Mar’2019 except the peak season ie from 22nd Dec to 4th Jan’2019.
- Our trained chauffeurs will offer you a comfortable and a safe journey and are well aware of all the routes / itinerary but he will not be responsible for explaining any sightseeing spots/monuments etc. and for this you can take the assistance of the guides on additional cost.
- The information above is simply a proposal and we are not doing any booking as in now. Booking is subject to availability and once confirmed by the client with all the details about the guests, number of people traveling & assurance to book.
- For more information and booking details click on:
- The Jurisdiction Clause: Any disagreements arising out of this conformity or any other successive agreement will be an issue forwarded to the Delhi Courts only.